Sunday, March 29, 2015

Just Stuff

So I managed to lock myself out of my room.

I didn't want to go through the rent-a-key process, so I figured I would go to the computer lab and dick around until my RA woke up. I decided I would write myself a little motivational speech to put on my desk. I would like your thoughts on it.


Life is unfair.
God doesn't exist.
You're going to die.
Love is a myth.
Movies aren't reality.
The grass on this side of the hill is just as shitty as on the other side.
And there's no pot of gold at the end of the fucking rainbow.
You think you're entitled to a happy life with a nice car and a comfy house and a reasonable income? Get in line, everyone thinks that. You don't deserve anything. Stop thinking that you do. You don't even deserve the average. And if you're ok with getting the average, then you should just end it right now. Average isn't something to be happy about. It's not what you want to aim for. Average is the punishment. Your parents didn't work their ass off so you could give an average effort, and earn an average amount of happiness. You need to realize what's in front of you because it's important; it's your life. Every time you take shortcuts, decide you don't care, give up, or give little to no effort, you're saying your life might as well not be worth it. And it isn't, at least from what you've done up to this point. Be different. Give the extra effort. Don't settle for ok. Don't push things back. Act like your life is worth it. BEAT THE CURVE.


Is it depressing? Yes. Cynical? Sure. A little reaching? Kinda. Nihilistic? Oh definitely. True?Without a doubt. Does it make me want to get up and do something? Yes.

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment